THE 2020 CATCH ‘N KAYAK IS GOING VIRTUAL!
Presented by City of / Ville de Bathurst, the Catch n Kayak is a one of kind striped bass kayak fishing tournament held on the Magnificent Bathurst Harbour and Bay of Chaleur - member of the "Most Beautiful Bays in the World club".
Given the current limitations on group activities and travel, we are changing up the format exclusively for 2020.
Here are some of the key changes that you should know about:
- You can fish from ANYWHERE! That’s right, there are no boundaries for this year’s event. Catch that prize-winning striper from any body of water in any location you choose.
- The angling period has been extended from June 27 to July 5.
- Registration for both shore and kayak divisions will now only be $20!
- Our prize pool will be updated based on the total amount of registrations. The more people that register, the bigger the prize pool.
- Participants will be assigned a unique number at the start of the tournament that will be used to validate their catch.
Here is what will remain the same for 2020:
- Striped bass continues to be the target species.
- Participants can participate in either the shore division, or the Kayak division with separate prize pools for each.
A complete update to the rules and website are in progress and will be posted soon.
Sign up for our newsletter to get insider info and updates on all the great events and stories happening in the Chaleur Region.