The schedule for the 2023 edition of Blues d'la Baie is now available:
Thursday July 27th: An evening around the world (Tickets $40, 14 years and up)
- DEE HERNANDEZ Referred to as the voice of Cuban Canadian Jazz, growing up in Cuba, Dee was raised in a home where everyone sang. She has been called “A World Class Jazz Singer” by none other than Sass Jordan.
- DALLAS ARCAND is a multi-talented native performer who captured the world's attention with his stunning hoop dance during the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Olympics. Three-time World Hoop Dance Champion, he has been an electrifying performer of Hoop and Indigenous dances for more than two decades. Dallas comes to us from Alexander-Kipohtakaw Plains Cree Nation in Alberta. Expect a visually dazzling sensation.
- JOYCE N'SANA is the new 2022 Radio-Canada Revelation discovery and labelled the Voice of Afro-Blue-Hop. Originally known for her Reggae style performed with incredible intensity, the little woman with a big voice now presents music that is a tasty mix of Afro-blues and Hip-hop that delivers a clear and determined message of peace.
Friday July 28th (Tickets $40, 19 years and up)
- GARRETT MASON is a true bluesman at heart. Raised in Truro, Nova Scotia by his mother Pam and father, veteran Canadian bluesman Dutch Mason, his quest to become a blues musician began at a very young age. Garrett’s original talent was awarded in 2005 when he received a Juno for Best Blues Album.
- LACHEY DOLEY GROUP: Nicknamed the Jimi Hendrix of the Hammond Organ, Lachy Doley is today the most famous Australian Blues Soul Rock organ player in the world. A player who can pump, pamper, and sometimes pound the most incredible sounds from a keyboard: intense, fierce, and sometimes transcendent sounds. The Lachy Doley Group is a unique sound in the classic and sometimes very traditional Blues genre.
- THUNDERBIRD ZZ TOP TRIBUTE: Rounding up this powerful bluesy evening and not to be missed if you are fans of ZZ TOP! New-Brunswick music scene veterans, Chris Colepaugh, Darrell Chapman and Pat Browne will take us into the explosive world of ZZ Top. Revisit ALL the classics in a one of a kind show by Thunderbird!
Saturday July 29th (Tickets $40, 19 years and up)
- CAMPBELL & JOHNSTON, the mighty Halifax Blues-Rock group fronted by Christine Campbell & Blake Johnston, is known for their soulful sound, 60s & 70s rock style guitar riffs and haunting vocal harmonies. The release of their self-titled new EP won them the 2022 East Coast Music Award for "Blues Recording of the Year" as well as a current nomination for the 2022 Maple Blues Awards “New Artist/Group of the Year”.
- TOM LAVIN & THE LEGENDARY POWDER BLUES: Celebrating their 45th touring anniversary, there's nothing more fitting to make us get up and dance. This incomparable blues-jazz-swing and Rock and Roll group founded in Vancouver in 1978 is still very active on the Canadian blues scene. Revisit their classics like ‘’Doin it Right’’, ‘’ Hear That Guitar Ring’’, ‘’ Thirsty Ears’’, ‘’Just a Little’’, ‘’Boppin with the Blues’’, ‘’Flip Flop and Fly’’ amongst others. With over twelve albums from a well-stocked discography.
- BLUES BEATLES: By general request since 2019, the Blues Beatles will make the trip back to Petit-Rocher straight from Brasil! Their fiery performances highlight their qualities as individual and collective musicians. Their repertoire is a fusion of versions of memorable Beatles songs with blues and soul rhythms that promises a wild evening in a party atmosphere that will surely make you relive the highlights of the 60’s and 70’s! Their last performance at Blues d’la Baie was sold out so don’t miss your chance to see the show everybody has been talking about since 2019! Purchase your tickets soon!
Passes (three-night pass) and tickets are on sale online now HERE as well as at DR Dépanneur in Petit-Rocher, Épicerie Frenette in Beresford, Captain's Cabin in Bathurst and Exit Vanier in Bathurst.